Friday, November 26, 2010

Wilson


Meet Wilson, or as I like to call him, Mr. Irresistible! Wilson was just added to the Reece's Rainbow Angel Tree this week. The call went out that the recently minted 2 year old Wilson needed a Christmas Warrior. Those chubby cheeks, bright eyes, and sweet face just called to me so I volunteered my inestimable services. OK, so my services are quite estimable, even down to the penny, because we can all see the chip-ins on the top of my blog!

Wilson's deal isn't quite the same as Sophia's deal. If you donate at least $35 to his chipin (which sends the money directly to Reece's Rainbow) you will still receive this year's Reece's Rainbow ornament but it won't have sweet Wilson's picture on it. He was added to the Angel Tree too late. Even without Mr. Irresistible's face, though, the ornaments are lovely.

Wilson has another interesting deal going on. His region of Russia allows the adoption of multiple unrelated children, although there are some income restrictions for those who wish to do so. You can see all the other children in that region here. You can also read about Wilson and the regional adoption requirements there, but here is his info:

Birth Date: October 2008
Gender: Male
Eyes: Gray
Hair: brown
Character: Calm.

Friendly, quiet, gentle boy. Goes well in touch with adults. Shows interest in toys.
More photos available, single moms welcome.

I am still having a giveaway for Miss Sophia until December 1. After that, I hope to have another giveaway for both of my beauties. I want to help increase their grant funds at Reece's Rainbow so that people take a second look because some of the costs would be taken care of. I want to see both of them home next year, tucking in to turkey and dressing, sweet potatoes and green beans, pumpkin pies and spice cakes! I want to see them surrounded by a family of their very own, so full of thanksgiving for the gift of Sophia or Wilson they can hardly stop smiling.

I'm not sure I can emphasize this enough: the $10 donations here and there add up and before you know it, the kids are home! I also cannot emphasize enough that your donations to Reece's Rainbow for Sophia and Wilson are tax-deductible, so if you've realized that you haven't donated quite as much as you'd intended this year, this is a great way to do so. If you've realized you haven't remembered the orphan as much as you'd intended this year, then...well, you know what to do.

Sophia and Wilson thank you!

No comments: