Saturday, November 14, 2009

Reece's Rainbow Angel Tree (take 2)

For those of you who were following Lera's situation last week, followed by her amazing rescue, please let me introduce you to several future Leras.

Zane in China. I received an Angel Tree ornament with his picture on it last year, and he is still waiting this year. Because China is so new in allowing children with Down Syndrome to be adopted, we really don't yet know what their future looks like in the way that we know what the future looks like for children with DS in Eastern European countries. I can confidently say, however, that the future of a child in a family is going to be better than a child in an orphanage.

Victoria, still a baby in many ways
My love -- Rebecca in Russia, who is not exactly on the Angel Tree, but can be accessed along with all of the Older Girls like....
.....Varsha in India. She is another repeat member of the Angel Tree from last year, and maybe even from the year before. I know I've been admiring her beauty for a long time and wishing for a home for her.
Tonya in Ukraine. She is already old enough to be transferred from her baby house to an institution, although as far as we know she hasn't been yet. She has a $4,000+ grant right now. This child has been and is covered with prayer. I know she will be a blessing!
Sophia, also still a baby, and a beauty, too!
Joseph. Isn't he handsome?
Jin-Wu in Korea. Another beautiful little face, another two timer on the Angel Tree.
Ivy in Ukraine. Scrumptious, isn't she? I think I would always want to dress her in green!
Charlie in Ukraine. He's been seen by several adoptive parents and they all think he's adorable. Doesn't he look like fun?
Ernie in Mexico. It isn't too far away, you know! I know he has also been covered in prayer because I am his Prayer Warrior! If you would like to be involved with Reece's Rainbow we always need more Prayer Warriors.
Ashleigh in Eastern Europe must have the smoochiest cheeks around! Adorableness!
Anastasia looks like a delicate flower to me. She's in Russia and facing institutionalization. Should we let that peaches and cream complexion turn wan and sallow?
A large grant like Lera eventually received can be the difference between an intolerable existence in an institution or a life, a real, full, rich life in a family.
If you follow the link on my side bar or click here, you can see all these children and more in the Reece's Rainbow annual Angel Tree. If you donate at least $35, you will receive a Reece's Rainbow ornament with your sponsored child's picture on the back. I received 2 last year for Christmas and couldn't have been happier with any gift. While there are always a million and one things I think I might like, I can never say that even one of them would make me happier than to know that one of my angels with Down Syndrome is closer to coming home.
In fact, the only thing that would make me happier is for all of those faces to be gone next year because they are home.
Please pray over these beautiful faces. Please give if you are able. Please adopt if you feel the Lord calling you.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh friend,

Thank you for these postings. I have to say I'm typing through tears. They started rolling when I saw "my girl" on your page. She is oh so covered in prayer and much loved. Praying for her and the many many others that deserve to have a family.

Love you!
Leslie

PS I"d love to have you move closer and join our group! :-)

Waitingfaithfully said...

Oh the beautiful faces of His little lambs. They are so very precious in His sight! Praying that they will soon be "precious in the sight" of their very own families, too!

Thank you for sharing Jill.

Blessings~

Tina

Christine said...

I’m holding a $1 challenge over at www.findingkirilsfamily.blogspot.com, on the countdown to Christmas. Kiril is a little boy with significant special needs who has been waiting on Reece’s Rainbow for a long time, and has been bedridden in an institution for over 6 months now. My goal is to get as many people as possible to donate just ONE dollar to Kiril’s RR grant, and then pass this message on to just ONE other person of their choice.

Apart from people I know well, I’m contacting 50 people pretty much at random - so if you’re in the middle of an adoption etc, I obviously don’t expect you to donate. But *please* pass along this message, whether you can give yourself or not.

Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Karien Prinlsoo said...

I am a South African who loves to read the homecomings on RR
I have a wonderful 4 year old son with ds.
Don't know if you are involved with
RR, but just wanted to say that Sophia, listed here, had her Gotsha day today. http://www.nogreaterjoymom.com/