Thursday, March 5, 2009

Okay, seriously people

I posted her picture days ago, and she is still not being adopted yet. Come on! Surely someone in my vast circle of 20 or so readers needs her?!

Seriously (and I mean it this time), here is a bit of information on this beauty. She is one year younger than my sweet Ella Belle and it sounds like she is in a decent situation, similar to Vera's Russian experience. Vera's baby house recognized that she had lots of great skills, and so they allowed her to remain with the typical kids instead of institutionalizing her. That's a good thing and likely means that they are not simply warehousing their kids.

I know life isn't fair, and God's ways are surely not my ways, but the very human part of me says that she doesn't deserve to live out her life in Russian orphanages and institutions.

Girl, Born August 7, 2005

Russia

Lera is a gorgeous little girl with blonde hair and blue eyes. She is 3 1/2 years old. She is quite high functioning, and doing very well. She has flat feet and a systolic heart murmur, but no major heart conditions. She is able to walk and climb, she eats by herself, dances, and understands and follows directions. She has also been transferred to the regular class, so she living and learning with her typical peers.


6 comments:

Cammie Heflin said...

Jill if I had $25,000 I'm there, unfortunately I am coming to grips with the fact that an international adoption may never be in God's plan for us.

The Spicer Family said...

Yes, that amount is daunting (to put it mildly) and so are the new requirements in Russia...like going before an 8 doctor panel for a medical exam! Yikes!! I hate that the hoops to jump through are so high and numerous to bring home a child.

Sigh...wish I could fund her adoption but we're still recovering from Dean's expenses.

Instantly Mama said...

She is adorable! I'll be praying that the right family finds her soon!

Leslie said...

I wish we could go get her! Still waiting here to see if this will ever be in God's plans for us. She is just beautiful!

Jennifer said...

What a sweet, sweet firl. She was born on the same exact day as my Betsie. Praying her parents find her soon.

The Rusty Hoe said...

Jill,
I fell head over heals in love with Lera's sweet face the moment I saw her on your blog.

I have NO idea what the first step is for an international adoption.

I would love to bring Lera home.

~Oney