Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I knocked 'em off their high horse

These are what is commonly known as the 'before' pictures. Here we have happy children on a horse, led by their Uncle Doctor John and including their extremely cute little cousin Drew. Emma and Drew are big buddies.
Here, the dynamics have changed. We now have Song leading the horse, Vera and Anna on the horse, and Emma and Drew alongside. Emma does not know how to walk beside a horse; she was much too close for her mother's comfort even though she was wearing her cowgirl boots.
Emma's mommy doesn't know how to walk beside a horse either, because when she lunged for Emma to get her away from the big horse's feet, the big horse bolted, leaving two hurt and crying girls in his wake. Bad mommy! Somehow I don't think I will be asked to join the next horseback riding session with Uncle Doctor John.

I'm afraid there are no 'after' pictures.

2 comments:

Laura Lu said...

Those boots were made for walkin' and that's just what they did...and one these days those boots are gonna walk all over you!

(But for right now...I would have grabbed her away from the big white horse too!) :)

liesel said...

You haven't stopped blogging have you Jill?! I look every day for new stories...and it has been so long! Please blog again. I love yours!