Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Hello, my international friends!

I like to check my sitemeter and see where folks are when they read my blog. I often see someone from Germany, the UK, occasionally Norway, but my face lights up when I see Ukraine.

Why Ukraine? you might ask.

Because, I might answer, I can generally guess those are Reece's Rainbow families who are over there adopting a little one or two or more. I totally get the boredom that can creep into the long stays in country. Although I remember my adoption trips very fondly (hey, who else gets to say they met a member of the Russian mafia?) I do know the yearning to be home. When home isn't coming anytime soon then at least we can read blogs and see normal family life and birthday celebrations and we can think of the day when we will celebrate our new little one's birthday.

So to my Ukrainian reader today--hello! I hope you're doing well! I hope you're soon home and immersed in recalling your new little one or two or more back to life.

Until then...enjoy a little dose of what passes for normal around here. ;-)

3 comments:

Renee said...

You have such a good heart. I hope your family and friends know how lucky they are to have you in their lives. And of course you can post my Christmas card on your blog, I would be honored.

Love wins,
Renee Tam
5cajuns.blogspot.com

Helle said...

Uhm, did you say Norway? I wonder how that might be... *blushing*

Well, I confess: I'm the guilty Norwegian. Please take that as a compliment- your blog is so enjoyable. And I say that even though you won the "The Office"-giveaway and I didn't!

Best regards, Helle :)

Beth said...

Well, I didn't meet the Russian mafia, but I was interrogated by the KGB back in the mid '80s. It was VERY exciting, mostly because I had no sense of how bad it could have become!