Thursday, December 30, 2010

Alexander the Great!


As my facebook friends may have noticed, I am more than just a bit smitten by a certain little boy named Alexander from Reece's Rainbow. I was reading a friend's blog yesterday and found out Reece's Rainbow is about to start a new initiative called the New Year Warriors and I knew just who I would choose to 'warrior' for, having already decided that I would advocate for him this year! I do hope I am out of a job soon, though.

Alexander, as described below, has dual diagnoses of Down syndrome and epilepsy. In the coming days, I will be trying to demystify the idea of having a child with epilepsy by sharing what other moms are sharing with me. The quick answer, though, is that in the big picture it (having epilepsy or some other seizure disorder) just isn't that big of a deal.

Isn't that great to know?
Alexander-2H
Birthdate: February 2007
Gender: Male
Eyes: Brown
Hair: brown
Character: Calm, sedentary
Alexander is a sweet boy with brown hair and eyes.   He was born with Down syndrome and also struggles with epilepsy.   He has strabismus as well.   Alexander is described as affectionate and social.

He sounds perfect to me!

No comments: